Bitte oder Registrieren, um Beiträge und Themen zu erstellen.

A Strange Occurrence

While I cannot remember the name of the human opponent I played against when playing Fleet Battle the other day, the movements and choices made by them were puzzling to say the least.

As you know the object of the game is to seek out and find your opponent's ships before you do. But how about this ?

I started playing and realized my opponent wasn't hitting my own ships. This in itself was not too puzzling but it became so as the game continued.

So in my own curiosity I started deliberately hitting where I knew the remaining ships would never be - and it continued - and continued !

When I had just about shot every pip that was left on the board, finally my opponent, hit one of my ships, but only because there were no other free pips !

I quickly hit all of my opponent's targets and won the game.

Yet ... what are the odds that my opponent would absolutely miss hitting every single one of my ships even to filling up the entire board which by laws of probability is impossible. SOMETHING intervened yet I don't know what.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to you ?

. . .

Ich kann mich zwar nicht an den Namen des menschlichen Gegners erinnern, gegen den ich neulich beim Spielen von Fleet Battle gespielt habe, aber die Bewegungen und Entscheidungen, die sie getroffen haben, waren gelinde gesagt rätselhaft.

Wie Sie wissen, besteht das Ziel des Spiels darin, die Schiffe Ihres Gegners zu suchen und zu finden, bevor Sie es tun. Aber wie wäre es damit?

Ich fing an zu spielen und stellte fest, dass mein Gegner nicht meine eigenen Schiffe traf. Das war an sich nicht allzu verwirrend, aber es wurde so, als das Spiel weiterging.

Also fing ich in meiner eigenen Neugier an, absichtlich dort zuzuschlagen, wo ich wusste, dass die verbleibenden Schiffe niemals sein würden – und es ging weiter – und weiter!

Als ich fast alle auf dem Brett verbliebenen Pips abgeschossen hatte, traf mein Gegner schließlich eines meiner Schiffe, aber nur, weil es keine anderen freien Pips mehr gab!

Ich traf schnell alle Ziele meines Gegners und gewann das Spiel.

Doch ... wie stehen die Chancen, dass mein Gegner es absolut verfehlen würde, jedes einzelne meiner Schiffe zu treffen, sogar um das gesamte Brett zu füllen, was nach Gesetzen der Wahrscheinlichkeit unmöglich ist. ETWAS kam dazwischen, aber ich weiß nicht was.

Ist Ihnen so etwas schon einmal passiert?

Well, sounds like the AI happened.

It might be that the other player disconnected and you played the easy AI without knowing. Check the chat window, we send a message there if a player disconnects.

Or the other player wanted to lose. There are players out there who love to fool around. We had players that wanted to lose every game they played, for example.

But I guess what you encountered was the AI playing.

dw817 hat auf diesen Beitrag reagiert.
dw817
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ocean is a harsh mistress